OPR will facilitate a Death Cafe at Host Cafe (http://deathcafe.com/deathcafe/1239/).
Come talk to strangers about death! A round table discussion.
31st October 2014
St. Mary Aldermary Church
Mansion House Tube, exit #4
– See more at: http://deathcafe.com/deathcafe/1239/#sthash.8zcDiD6T.dpuf
This event is free but you must book, to limit capacity, through this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hosting-death-a-halloween-death-cafe-with-the-office-of-public-ritual-at-host-cafe-tickets-13553856951
At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea (on sale at the Host Cafe) and discuss death!
Our objective is ‘to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives’.
A Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.
Our Death Cafes are always offered:
– On a not for profit basis
– In an accessible, respectful and confidential space
– With no intention of leading people to any conclusion, product or course of action
– For more information on what Death Cafes are and the origins, see more at: http://deathcafe.com/